Unemployment among the Youth and older persons is a universal problem. It is a factor for insecurity and cause for indexing poverty ratings.
FORD-KENYA will tackle the problem by:
- Providing quality education at all levels of learning for production of expert and highly marketable products
- Establishing an Ethics and Professional Commission to mainstream career, database, standards and talents
development in schools and the field.
- Expanding quality centers for skills Training and support for school leavers to provide serious opportunities for self-employment
- Deflating and stabilizing the economy for the predictable climate to attract private investments in commerce and industry
- Giving tax incentives to companies with motivating Youth friendly Apprentice policies
- Lowering tax for labor-intensive investments in Kenya
- Raising retirement age
- Increasing expenditure on development of infrastructure to attract investment
- Increasing partnerships on skills training between learning institutions and the vibrant private sectors
- Developing policy for exportation of both skilled and unskilled labor abroad based on external jobs surveys on opportunities for decent employment