The Co-operative sector pools local resources to stimulate domestic growth. It is potentially the most inclusive and vibrant domestic enterprise for economic stimulation and poverty eradication.
However, its growth is affected by neglect, mismanagement and economic liberalization.
FORD-K will inject the following strategies in the movement to spur growth:
- Provide expert Management for sector
- Zero tolerate corruption in the sector
- Amalgamate and enroll co-operative enterprises at the Stock Exchange
- Use Co-operative Bank as primary conduit of support for farm and cottage based enterprises
- Exempt dividends from taxation
- Devolve the Ministry of Cooperative Development to Counties.
- Revive collapsed farm based factories in the Counties